Solved

Kustomer + Klaviyo integration

• 6 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Do we receive emails sent to the customer in Kustomer from Klaviyo? 

icon

Best answer by derek.parson 7 March 2024, 00:03

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for creating this conversation in our community here. Based on our documentation here for the Klaviyo app in Kustomer the only information that is shared between the two apps is:

• Push Kustomer conversation data to Klaviyo as events (adds metrics for conversation created, conversation closed, and conversation CSAT survey submission)
  • Push Kustomer customer data to Klaviyo as profiles
  • Pull relevant Klaviyo campaign, list, and segment data into Kustomer as an Insight Card on the customer timeline

Based in this I would not expect any communication sent from Klaviyo to appear in Kustomer. If the customer responds to that communication and the receiving email is connected to Kustomer then that response message should populate in a Kustomer conversation.

A final though on this, you could try adding one of your receiving emails in the BCC or CC section of the communication from Klaviyo to have that populate in Kustomer. 

If you’d like to discuss this with the team please feel free to reach out to support@kustomer.com and we’d be happy to help or I can try and answer any further questions you’d want to add in here.

Thank you,

Derek Parson

Sr. Technical Support Engineer

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@derek.parson  if we added one of our receiving emails in the BCC field in Klaviyo would the email communication populate within the customer’s timeline? 

Badge +3

Hey Ashley,

Due to the email coming from Klaviyo I would expect that the email in Kustomer would show up under a Klaviyo customer profile. Maybe all emails would appear on the same timeline or they would appear on a new timeline every time. This part would take a little work to solve but could be done with a custom workflow most likely. You could capture the message coming in from Klaviyo in the workflow and check to see the customer email it was sent to and then move that conversation to that customer’s timeline if it exists in Kustomer or create a new customer profile and then move it.

This would just be how I would approach it but I would need to see how the emails looked when they showed up in Kustomer along with any customer replies after that to understand how to solve for the entire thing.

If you need help with something like this though please reach out to support@kustomer.com and we can guide you with a little more detail.

Thank you,

Derek Parson

Sr. Technical Support Engineer