Solved

What is the best way to report on chat concurrency & capacity

• 11 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We are trying to understand the time we have agents at 0, 1 or 2 capacity for live chats. What is the best way to report on concurrency and does anyone have any advice on how they have set up this kind of reporting? 

icon

Best answer by amanda.rothbard 1 March 2024, 18:52

View original

2 replies

I would also like to have an answer to this question 😀

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Lucy loveholidays & @Lucy123 — I’m so sorry for the delay in getting to this question. 

The short answer is that we don’t have a way to report on chat concurrency. We do have some workarounds, but they require a bit of math. Here’s some ways you could go about calculating this—

One workaround for understanding average chat concurrency is to look through the data stream or via the API. You could calculate the sum for handle time for all items with a createdAt within a particular hour, and divide that by Capacity x 60 minutes to understand how much time your team spent at full capacity. 

A less technical workaround for calculating this would be to go to Reports > Heatmap to see the conversations received by certain channels on days of the week and hours of those days. You could then look at your chats per hour and divide that by chat handle time.

I hope this is helpful!